Tuesday, January 25, 2011

men in robes

Lucky walked though the snow towards the Vietnamese restaurant, his paws cold and his coat wet. He stopped at the entrance of the restaurant, soaking in the heat, as well as the stench coming from inside. He lay down near the door and waited for the snow to stop, if it ever would. 30 minutes went by, and just as he was dozing off, he heard a man in a red robe screaming and shaking a stick. Lucky got up and watched this red robed rebel rouser, and barked a few times just to make sure the idiot wouldn't try to come near him. He got up and walked towards the man after he realized that he was no threat to him and followed the man down the street. He went all the way to the subway entrance and stopped, because subways smell like old fried rice and cigarettes. "I gotta get out of this damn snow" he thought and headed towards the graveyard, wondering what else that biotch mother nature could throw at him.

5 comments:

  1. "Lucky ran between the returned space beneath me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to pee. And the peeing sound is only making it worse.
    Wait. The donkey's are outside right now. What's the peeing sound?
    It's a dog proudly peeing all over the donkey's food. Awesome. We look at each other, at odds with our respective simplicity, nakedness, and imperfection. You know, dogs are man's best friend for a reason. A dog will throw his arms around you, if that's what you need. Isn't that always what we need? For a while we sit, him peeing a river and me just watching. Eventually, he lowers his leg. An awkward pause. Then he turns and trots out the door. Everything I see is everything I lose. I could use a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where I am but there is a dog. He's just walking around a restuarant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bianca arrived at the gates of a strange and haunting carnival just in time to see an angry Russian woman fall to the ground, and a small golden fish fly into the air. Bianca couldn't help but giggle as she watched a dirty dog pee on the old woman's foot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Through the haze of grease and chicken I glimpsed a mangy looking tail coming from in front of a grave stone. It was a dog, sleeping next to a grave. I watched him for awhile as I gnawed on my chicken. The dog would occasionally get up and move around, but always kept the grave in sight. That would make a great table, I thought. Wait, what? A table? Where did that thought come from? I've taken some weird stuff before, but a grave stone?
    My chicken was gone, and all that remained was a thick film of grease on my fingers. My hands felt empty, and my stomach started growling. I didn't even bother to resist the urge this time. There was no point. So I stumbled over to the grave, and tried to hoist it out of the ground. The dog started growling at me. I pulled harder, and surprisingly, it came free! I started running because the dog started chasing me. But it was no use, the dog was too old, and I got a burst of energy with the thought of my new table. It would look so nice with the meteor in the middle.

    ReplyDelete